Thursday, October 10, 2013

A good friend nudged and encouraged me to enter The Nimble Thimble quilt show in Fountain Inn that was held last week end. I entered 6 quilts and won 3 ribbons.

 
A Little Storm at Sea

 
Mama's Callie Lillie's

 
A Christmas Tree Skirt
 
 
 
All of these were done several years ago and quilted on my domestic machine. Entering the show and winning ribbons did inspire me this week. I finished quilting a child's charity quilt and will be putting a South Carolina Gamecock quilt on the machine today. Tomorrow I will be heading out to the Augusta Quilt show with a group of ladies. What fun! Since moving, the vendors are not getting much of my business. I think it has something to do with all of the boxes in the living room. Hopefully I will get the IKEA bookcases soon and get this stuff organized. 
 
I received an offer on the house yesterday that I accepted. The planned closing date is November 15th, so I guess I better get my address changed. As you are probably aware, they can back out at any time for any reason and only risk their Earnest money, so it's not sold till I have the check in hand.
 
Ride for Kids is this Sunday at Lexington High School at 2pm. If you ride come join us, if not, please go to the web site and donate to this cause. Ride for Kids supports the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. There will be several of these kids there to thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment